Concerning the system
Created in 1972, the Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program at UT Southwestern is a full-time, post-baccalaureate system that starts one per year in might and it is finished in 30 months with graduation in December.
The curriculum is a robust mixture of scholastic learning and hands-on medical training. Pupils start out with four semesters of lecture and bedside demonstration in medical and sciences that are behavioral. This foundational coursework is followed closely by four semesters of medical rotations in an array of procedures and settings.
The mission associated with the Physician Assistant Studies Program is:
- Succeed within the art and technology of physician associate education.
- Improve interprofessional main medical care distribution to a different and dynamic populace.
- Inspire leadership, solution, and quality among our faculty, staff, pupils, and graduates.
- Foster a consignment to variety and addition, evidence-based medication, quality enhancement, and safety that is patient.
The eyesight associated with the doctor Assistant Studies Program would be to be a location PA program for economically and environmentally disadvantaged faculty, staff and pupils while attaining and keeping exceptional result measures.
Three pupils would be the program’s first to win nationwide wellness provider Corp Scholarships.
UT Southwestern Advantage
UT Southwestern healthcare Center’s Master of doctor Assistant Studies Program makes exemplary pupils for starters of health care’s fastest growing and profoundly fulfilling professions.
Rated 7th within the country by U.S. Information & World Report in “America’s Best Graduate Schools 2020, ” our doctor assistant (PA) program’s unique benefits consist of:
- A noted faculty recognized for pupil discussion and training excellence
- A curriculum that is 30-month combinations comprehensive educational training with 15 months of medical rotations
- The unmatched sourced elements of UT Southwestern, including Parkland Memorial Hospital, rated among the nation’s well for more than ten years
- Tuition and charge rates which can be one of the most reasonable in the united states
- A premiere location close to the heart of Dallas, a thriving center for healthcare, business, education, in addition to arts
Choosing UT Southwestern for the physician associate education could be the initial step toward a profession abundant with personal and expert benefits.
The newest William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital is a powerful learning environment that features areas for collaborative, team-based training. The center has significantly more than 35,000 square foot of room specialized in research and learning.
Parkland Memorial Hospital is really a high-energy, 862-bed county center that admits almost 41,000 clients per year. Parkland has made an accepted destination on U.S. Information and World Report’s directory of America’s Best Hospitals for longer than 10 years.
Along with Clements University Hospital and Parkland, your training that is clinical will one to other training hospitals and community clinics with formal affiliations with UT Southwestern clinic.
Program Objectives and Results
This system objectives regarding the Physician Assistant Studies Program are:
- Exceed the U.S. Average that is national time pass price regarding the doctor Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE)
- Offer pupil medical training possibilities in diverse settings and clinically underserved areas/populations
- Demonstrate quality in scholarship, leadership and solution achievement that is demonstrate variety and addition
- Offer longitudinal academic experiences in evidence-based medicine and quality enhancement and safety that is patient
Each year for the past five years, 99.5% of students passed the PANCE on their first attempt exceeding the U.S. National average. See the formal NCCPA report.
Clinical Education Possibilities
- 100percent of pupils finished medical training opportunities in diverse and medically underserved areas/populations.
Scholarship, Leadership, Provider
- The faculty and staff have held 16 state or national leadership positions across their careers
- Offered on significantly more than 85 expert, institutional, and community committees; received a lot more than 75 prizes and honors to incorporate international research recognition and various teaching honors from state and nationwide businesses
- From 2017-2018, our faculty contributed to 12 posted manuscripts, three grant that is funded, and 16 presentations and workshops at regional and nationwide expert conferences. Our pupils contributed to two manuscripts presented for book, one grant that is funded, and five presentations at neighborhood and nationwide expert conferences.
EBM & QI/PS Curricula
- 100percent of students complete our EBM curriculum that features longitudinal experiences dedicated to critical assessment of research articles and application to care that is clinical. This can include conclusion of a one-credit didactic program followed closely by an EBM module included in the Family Medicine that is eight-week rotation. Also, pupils have the choice of choosing EBM whilst the focus of these graduate task.
- 100% of pupils complete phase that is didactic handling the fundamental principles of QI/PS and exactly how to conduct QI/PS jobs. All students participate in a workshop design to enhance implementation of QI/PS projects upon graduation in the clinical phase.
Graduates of y our system meet the criteria to sit for the doctor Assistant National Certifying Examination provided by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education when it comes to Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has given Accreditation-Continued to the University of Texas Southwestern clinic Physician Assistant Program sponsored by the University of Texas. Accreditation-Continued is definitely a certification status given each time a presently accredited system is with in conformity because of the ARC-PA guidelines.
Accreditation stays in place before the scheduled system closes or withdraws through the certification procedure or until certification is withdrawn for failure to adhere to the guidelines. The date that is approximate the following validation overview of this system because of the ARC-PA will undoubtedly be March 2023. The review date is contingent upon proceeded conformity because of the guidelines and ARC-PA policy.
Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant12000 Findley path, Suite 150Johns Creek, Georgia 30097Phone: 770-476-1224